10 Easy Ways to Appreciate Your Worship Pastor
The month of October is clergy appreciation month. Often the worship pastor is under-appreciated and over-criticized. If you have a worship pastor, I want to encourage you to take this month to do something special for him/her. Here are just ten ideas I came up with. (Please note: For the purposes of making this list easy to read, I refer to the worship leader as a "he", but these ideas can be applied to the female worship leader as well. Also note that some humor is applied to this post.)
10. Buy him 10 boxes of his (or your) favorite breath mints. If he's a singer, he most likely needs a steady supply of mints so as to not distract his worship team with his breath when he's leading them in a prayer circle or when he’s greeting people after service.
9. Toilet paper his house or his car. Every worship leader appreciates a nice TP-ing of his possessions. It shows him that people love him enough to take the time to wrap his house with toilet paper, which he can later use…saves him a trip to the store. Here's tips on how to TP a house.
8. Make a video collage of different people at church sharing what they appreciate or love about him. Give it to him on a DVD and/or post it on Youtube for all to see!
7. Buy him a one year subscription to Pandora radio, so he can listen to unlimited music. Maybe he'll stop singing the same five songs every week.
6. Take him clothes shopping. Buy him some vintage shirts and tore jeans. It's a must for today's worship leader. It's the only way we stay relevant to the culture.
5. Buy him a case of his favorite picks and strings. You know how often a worship leader loses his picks or breaks a string? Too often. Sorry, keyboardists, this one doesn't apply to you, unless you like to play the keyboard with guitar picks.
4. Have a small box in the church lobby where people can drop in encouraging words or scriptures for him throughout the month. Then, at the end of the month, present the box to him along with a giftcard to his favorite store. Whenever he feels discouraged or feels like punching the soundman in the face, he can read those notes and think nice, happy thoughts.
3. Arrange (or pay for) childcare for his kids and treat him and his wife to a romantic dinner by the beach. Of course, if you're landlocked, like I am in Kansas, you'll have to settle for the downtown scene.
2. Give him a gift certificate for a couple's massage with his wife. I really shouldn't even have to say "with his wife", but I just want to be clear. If he's not married, but has a girlfriend, the couple's massage would be a BAD idea.
1. Anonymously buy him a brand new Taylor. Yes, this actually happened to Ben this week!
Do YOU have any ideas you’d like to share with everyone?
Wisdom M.Comment on Facebook Comment on Twitter
Subscribe to Our Mailing List
Subscribe to our mailing list for exclusive deals and news! You'll receive one email a week, with an occasional two a week. You may unsubscribe at any time.