7 Habits of Successful Worship Leaders
What sets an average worship leader apart from a great worship leader?
There are so many worship leaders that I know and have worked with over the years, but a few have stood out as great leaders.
The distinction was simple; some habits that they regularly practiced:
1. Care more about the people than the music.
- Care more for the team than the team’s performance.
- Care more for the people you are leading than how you lead.
2. Take a back seat
- Not just once a month or 1 song a service either, great WL’s don’t just have ‘back up singers’, they surround themselves with other worship leaders on the platform.
3. Be ye amongst the peeps!
- Go out and socialize before & after your worship gatherings, we are not un-touchable rockstars so don’t seclude yourself in the greenroom. Even many well known worship leaders make themselves accessible.
4. Worship often
- Take time to go to other nights of worship, take a weekend off and go to the worship service with your family. Worship at home, in your car, on the street...everywhere.
5. Grow yourself
- Never stop learning. Never ‘arrive’.
6. Grow others
- Always pour into others just as you have been poured into.
7. Practice practice practice His presence
- Be in His presence daily. You cannot lead someone where you have not been. Your love for Jesus should be so contagious that you never have to pick up a guitar to prove that you are a worshiper.
What do YOU think makes a great worship leader? Share your thoughts in the comment section!Comment on Facebook Comment on Twitter
Subscribe to Our Mailing List
Subscribe to our mailing list for exclusive deals and news! You'll receive one email a week, with an occasional two a week. You may unsubscribe at any time.