AAW Podcast #154 Paul Baloche Interviews Kathryn Scott
On this special edition of the All About Worship Podcast, American worship leader Paul Baloche interviews Irish worship leader Kathryn Scott. They discuss leading worship, being a good steward, recommended daily requirements to keep your heart healthy in the Lord, and much more!
Special thanks to WorshipPlanning.com for sponsoring this episode. WorshipPlanning.com is an easy to use, affordable web-based software that allows you to plan your services and schedule/manage your team. Use promo code AAW2014 to receive 60 days for free!
Stay connected with us
Some of the Takeaways from the Interview
Finding your voice
The temptation when writing a song, etc. is to get distracted by what we think it should be. That’s all a byproduct of a heart that is opened up.
How to last in ministry
- Be faithful where you’re at.
- Be thankful for environments where there aren’t tons of pressure and opportunities to fail.
- Serve your pastor and church. As you gain experience, the Lord will teach you.
- Don’t forsake the wonderful opportunity to serve the community that you are in right now.
- Don’t have your heart set on the next big thing!
- Go into the sanctuary during the week when no one is there and worship.
- If you can worship the Lord in secret, you will be able to lead in authority on the weekend.
- God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.
- We can hold on too tight to the way we’ve always done things
- Is this still serving the vision? If not, let’s change it!
- Those models are there to only serve the vision.
- As we get older we can get more attached to the WAY than the WHY!
- Don’t disqualify yourself because of a number on a birth certificate
What is the potential that future leaders hold?
- Time keeps moving on.
- Be a good steward early on.
- You can’t do everything.
- Maybe you can’t see 10 years down the road but you can see 6 months.
- Embrace where you are.
Recommended Daily Requirements to keep your heart healthy in the Lord:
- Stay in the Word.
- The way you are wired is a gift to you
- Wherever you get filled, go there often.
- The season that you are in (moms), It’s the direction of your heart that the Lord is after.
- We go through seasons where the rhythm changes.
- Times will look different and that’s ok
Subscribe to Our Mailing List
Subscribe to our mailing list for exclusive deals and news! You'll receive one email a week, with an occasional two a week. You may unsubscribe at any time.