Do You Have Team Leadership?
Team Leadership. What is it? Do you have it? Why is it important?
Tim Howey, Senior Pastor of Grace Church of Overland Park, KS, taught on team leadership this past weekend. It's important, as worship leaders, to understand and practice team leadership. We encourage you to watch the sermon here: (teaching starts at about 21min 50sec)
Here are some key points from the teaching:
What is NOT “Team Leadership”?
1. Do the team members KNOW they are on a team?
2. Does the team actually MEET together?
3. Is the leader simply INFORMING the team of decisions?
4. Is the leader MANAGING the team to their decision?
What IS “Team Leadership” (from the Bible)?
1. Multiple LEADERS at the table
2. Guided by a POINT LEADER
3. Committed to COURAGEOUS discussions (with grace)
4. Resulting in COLLABORATIVE decisions
5. Which each is FULLY-COMMITTED to accomplish
What STOPS People from Using “Team Leadership”?
1. Team decisions are SLOWER to make
2. You THINK YOU KNOW the right decision
3. Team decisions require you to PLAN FARTHER
4. Team leadership is just HARDER
What’s at Stake if We DON’T Use “Team Leadership”?
1. We miss out on THE BEST IDEAS
"The heart of the prudent acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge." (Proverbs 18:15 NKJV)
2. We miss out on THE SAFETY of a good team
"Where there is no counsel, the people fall; But in the multitude of counselors there is safety." (Proverbs 11:14 NKJV)
3. We miss out on THE POWER of a unified team
"And the eye cannot say to the hand, 'I have no need of you'; nor again the head to the feet, 'I have no need of you'…Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. (1 Corinthians 12:21, 27 NKJV)
4. We miss out on THE MENTORSHIP of new leaders
"As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend." (Proverbs 27:17 NKJV)Comment on Facebook Comment on Twitter
Subscribe to Our Mailing List
Subscribe to our mailing list for exclusive deals and news! You'll receive one email a week, with an occasional two a week. You may unsubscribe at any time.